Preventative Dental Treatments
Preventative dental treatments help you maintain excellent oral hygiene and stop little problems from becoming major issues.
Regular preventative dental treatments not only keep your teeth stronger for longer, but they also help to deliver pain-free smiles and assist your overall health and wellbeing.
Why Preventative Dental Treatment Is Important
- Even with regular brushing and flossing, cavities can form in between your teeth. Dental check-ups (with x-rays) find hidden decay.
- Plaque and tartar silently build up at the base of your teeth leading to gum disease and decay. Only your dentist can effectively remove tartar from your teeth and show you how to prevent future build up.
- Your dentist can spot early symptoms of gum disease and treat it before it progresses towards bone loss and eventually tooth loss.
- Bad habits can have consequences for your teeth. Smoking, soft drinks, a high-sugar diet, excessive coffee, red wine, stress, clenching or grinding your teeth, biting your nails can all affect your teeth. Preventative dental treatments help manage and reduce the damage.
- Medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnoea, cancer and heart disease have links to your oral health. Regular dental checks should form part of your overall health treatment plan.
- Tongue and lip piercing can impact your teeth and gums. Preventative dental treatments monitor and manage the damage.
- Pregnancy brings with it fluctuating hormones, food cravings and morning sickness. All of these can take their toll on your teeth and gums. Preventative dental treatments throughout your pregnancy can help to keep you and your gums healthy.
Our Preventative Dental Treatments
Keep your teeth and gums in great shape with regular check-ups and cleans.
Help for bleeding gums, receding gums, persistent bad breath, and sensitive teeth.